This dentistry field implies serious modifications in dentition, facial bones, and the whole oral cavity, per se. Dental surgeons usually perform:
- facial reconstruction surgeries for patients who have been involved in various accidents
- dental implants
- tumors and cysts in the facial muscles
- Simple dental extractions
- Complicated dental extractions – implying the removal of the soft tissues around the bones or roots.
- Wisdom tooth extractions (simple, semi impacted, impacted)
- Sampling of soft tissues for biopsy
- Removal of tumors in the oral cavity
- Dental implant
- Orthodontics and dental – maxillofacial Orthopedics – repositioning of the jawbones, for a correct occlusion
- Cheekbone restoration
- Interventions in the dental pulp (endodontic surgery)
In order to be able to perform such surgeries and make the patient feel comfortable, DENT ESTET 4 TEENS has introduced the first dental ICU (Intensive Care Unit) in Romania, where specialized anesthesiologists ensure the safety of the patient during the tretment performed under general anesthesia.