When is it recommended to wear a dental appliance?
The most frequent anomalies which can be corrected with a dental appliance are:
- crowded teeth;
- rotated teeth;
- teeth positioned too much in the front or to much in the back on the dental arch;
- diastema / trema (the space between the two front teeth)
- malocclusion (the upper and lower arches don’t fit when you bite): the upper jaw and teeth severely overlap the bottom jaw and teeth / the lower jaw protrudes or juts forward, causing the lower jaw and teeth to overlap the upper jaw and teeth / there is a space between the upper and lower arch where the tongue comes in during speaking or swallowing, causing phonetic difficulties.
- post extraction space – needs to be closed, in order to avoid complicated dental procedures such as bridges (where other two healthy teeth need to be milled) or implants.
- impacted teeth – permanent teeth blocked inside the jawbone which have to be exposed (brought on the dental arch).
Appliances are also used to help the child get rid of unhealthy habits such as: oral breathing, sucking on thumb, biting nails or pushin teeth with their tongue during swallowing.
TYPES OF FIXED and ESTHETIC APPLIANCES
Dental appliances were invented more than 50 years ago. Today’s variety allows the orthodontist to recommend one that matches best the type of anomalie that has to be corrected.
You’ll like the metallic appliance because
- It is one of the most popular ones
- The brackets can be silver, gold or colored. They are made of a very resistant material, so they have great endurance.
- It shows results in a short time
- The effects of the treatment are long lasting
Most metallic appliances are installed with elastic bands. These bands attach the springs to the brackets. They come in lots of colors, so you can customize your appliance as you wish.
This appliance aligns the jawbones and helps them develop correctly, reduces discomfort in tongue and cheeks and corrects unhealthy habits.
The ceramic appliance, made of composite materials, is a much more esthetic choice compared to the metallic option.
You’ll like the ceramic appliance because:
- It is modern, preffered by those who do not want to show that they are wearing one
- The brackets have various transparency levels, which helps them assume the color of the natural tooth and become less distinguishable
- The brackets do not get stained by strong pigmented foods
- It is very comfortable to wear
known as the invisible appliance, because it is not distinguishable when you smile.
You’ll like the ceramic appliance because
- It is invisible
The brackets are made of a transparent cristal, very compatible with the tooth enamel. Although the appliance is invisible, the results are visible and incredible.
- It does not get stained
One less worry! The brackets of the Sapphire appliance stay colorless during the whole treatment, thanks to their microcristaline structure and uniform surface which do not allow bacterial plaque to accumulate.
- It is comfortable and easy to wear
Because it is made of materials with soft texture, the appliance is comfortable and very easy to wear.
- It has an advantageous price
Using our funding plan with 12 installments, you can have a star’s smile for only 100Euro/month for 12 months, NO advance, NO interest… NO headaches.
We invite you to come for a consultation to one of our 10 doctors and you will be guided to choose the best treatment and financial solution.
Make an appointment now!
The Incognito® appliance is an invisible customized treatment solution, brought to Romania by DENT ESTET®, more than 10 years ago.
100% customized depending on each case’s characteristics, this system offers predictible results, in compliance with the dentist’s and patient’s expectations.
Its parts are made in the special lab in Germany, based on the impressions taken by our orthodontists. The brackets are bonded on the interior side of the teeth, which reduces the risk of enamel damage and decay emergency.
Incognito® will help you get your smile aligned, without anyone knowing that you’re wearing braces!
DENT ESTET 4 TEENS Bucureşti
Bd. Aviatorilor, nr. 27
Sector 1, Bucureşti
0756 20 60 30
DENT ESTET 4 TEENS Timișoara
Strada Independenței nr. 15,
0742 10 77 77
- Luni - Vineri: 8:00 - 20:00
- Sâmbătă: 8:00 - 14:00*
- Duminică: Închis
- *numai pentru urgenţe